Druidics respects the environment...
We have calculated our carbon footprint for the third consecutive year
Acknowledging the environment as our first home and recognizing the need to respect and care for it, Druidics has decided to take a step forward on the path towards Sustainable Development: as part of a defined strategy against climate change, we have calculated our carbon footprint for the third consecutive year, along with environmental consultant Almerix, with the compromise of reducing it.
Quantifying the carbon footprint not only can raise awareness of the impact generated by the activity of the company in the environment, but it is also a valuable tool to detect improvement opportunities and propose emissions reduction strategies. For that reason we have been implementing a reduction plan since 2014.
The methodology used for the carbon footprint calculation is the one established in the GreenHouse Gas Protocol .
The GHG Protocol defines three scopes:
- Scope 1 or direct GHG emissions, of mandatory report.
- Scope 2 or indirect emissions, of mandatory report.
- Scope 3 or other indirect emissions, of optional report.
The emissions that were taken into account are:
Emissions produced from natural gas consumption for heating and cooking.
Emissions produced from the generation of purchased electricity consumed by the company.
Emissions produced from disposal of waste generated in the company.
BASE YEAR: 2013 is considered as the base year for carbon footprint calculation and with which comparisons will be made over time to monitor progress
ROSARIO’S CARBON FOOTPRINT EVOLUTION
- Tonnes CO2
CARBON FOOTPRINT CHARACTERIZATION - ROSARIO 2015
As shown in the pie chart, Druidics’ carbon footprint is represented almost entirely by Scope 2 emissions (generated by electricity consumption), while Scope 3 emissions, (generated from waste disposal), are almost negligible thanks to the waste management policies that the company has adopted.
In order to achieve significant reductions in emissions and obtain a real change in the carbon footprint figure, the company performs periodic audits so as to detect improvement opportunities in the various offices and to strengthen their reduction policies.
- Incorporation of a waste separation plan in four categories: Recyclable, non recyclable, clean paper and paperboard, and electronic waste.
- Donation of paper and cardboard to the Dr. Clemente Alvarez Emergency Hospital campaign.
- Collection of electronic waste for an adequate final disposal.
- Replacement of fluorescent tubes with LED lights.
- Personnel awareness of the efficient use of electronic devices.
Reduction of paper consumption
- Scanning and digitization of documents and procedures.
- Use of recycled paper and paper made from cane fibers.
- Reduction of prints and photocopies.
MEASURES TO BE IMPLEMENTED
- Prioritize the use of public transport, cycling or walking.
- Make compost with organic waste such as fruit scraps or used tea bags.
- Establish energy efficiency criteria in the acquisition of new electronic devices.
- Strengthen measures to reduce energy consumption and increase efficiency.
We have calculated our carbon footprint in order to reduce it by implementing an action plan.
Paper donation to HECA
In order to give paper a new value, we have joined the paper collection campaing conducted by Clemente Alvarez Emergency Hospital.