IBM MobileFirst Protect (MaaS360) is a simple cloud-based platform with all the basic functionality for the complete management of today’s mobile devices, including iPhone, iPad, Android devices, Kindle Fire, Windows Phone and BlackBerry smartphones.
MaaS360 is the fastest and most comprehensive way to configure the devices to access the enterprise and secure corporate data on smartphones and tablets (all from a single screen).
As a fully integrated cloud platform, MaaS360 simplifies MDM with rapid deployment, visibility and control that spans across mobile devices, applications and documents.
Deployment is quick. In a few clicks, IT administrators can start enrolling mobile devices and manage their entire lifecycle (from enrollment to enterprise integration, configuration and management, monitoring and security, technical support and creation of reports and analyses).
MaaS360’s management of mobile devices enables rapid platform configuration and device enrollment process to facilitate the functions to both the IT department and the employees.
- Select MDM services and configure device enrollment settings.
- Send enrollment requests via SMS, email or a custom URL.
- Authenticate against Active Directory/LDAP by using a one-time passcode, or security assertion markup language (SAML).
- Create and distribute customized acceptable use policies and end user license agreements (EULAs).
- Register corporate and employee owned devices (BYOD).
- Initiate individual or bulk device enrollments.
- Apply or modify default device policy settings.
MaaS360 provides a unified console for smartphones and tablets with centralized policy and control across multiple platforms.
- Configure email, calendar, contacts, Wi-Fi and VPN profiles over-the-air (OTA).
- Approve or quarantine new mobile devices on the network.
- Create custom groups for granular management.
- Distribute and manage public and corporate applications.
- Securely share and update documents and content.
- Define role-based administrative portal access rights within MaaS360.
- Decommission devices services by removing corporate data and MDM control.
MaaS360 provides dynamic, end-to-end security and compliance management capabilities to continuously monitor devices and take action.
- Require passcode policies with configurable quality, length and duration.
- Enforce encryption and password visibility settings.
- Set device restrictions on features, applications, iCloud and content ratings.
- Detect and restrict jailbroken and rooted devices.
- Remotely locate, lock and wipe lost or stolen devices.
- Selectively wipe corporate data leaving personal data intact.
- Implement real-time compliance rules with automated actions.
- Enable geo-fencing rules to enforce location-based compliance.
MaaS360 offers the ability to diagnose and resolve device, user or application issues in real-time from a web-based portal, offering the IT department complete visibility and control, and ensuring optimum mobile user productivity.
- Access devices to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Locate lost or stolen devices.
- Reset forgotten passcodes.
- Send messages to devices.
- Update configuration settings in real time.
- Help users solve their own issues with a self-service portal.
MI360™ dashboards deliver an interactive, graphical summary of your mobile device management operations and compliance allowing IT department to report in real-time across the entire company.
- Detailed hardware and software inventory reports.
- Configuration and vulnerability information.
- Smart search capabilities integrated across any attribute.
- Customizable watch lists to track and receive alerts.
- Collection of BYOD privacy settings block of personally identifiable information.
- Mobile expense management for real-time data usage monitoring and alerting.